Kansas Safe Kids Fitness and Bike Rodeo Day
Gear up for summer! Make sure your children know the safety rules they need for their summer activities. The event fun includes: bike rodeo and bike safety, fire safety and smoke house, boating safety, poison safety,health screens, ambulance tours, child car seat check, simulated impaired driving experience for those old enough to drive, games and refreshments, free jump ropes, and a bike helmet distribution to GC children in need of a helmet.
- May 3, Saturday
- 3:30 - 5:00 P.M.
- Ages 2 years - 2nd grade
- Charles Peebles Complex, 518 S 9th St
- Free - bring your own bike. A small bike will be there for children to borrow for the obstacle course.
This American Red Cross Lifeguard Training class includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid. Students must be 15 years of age by the end of the class. For more information contact Monica Colborn, GCRC Aqautics Director.
- April 24-27, 2014
- Thurs 6-9,Fri 5-9,Sat 9-5, Sun 9-5
- Lakin Pool
Youth Baseball and Softball Leagues
Teams play a 10 game season.
Age is determined as of May 1, 2014 for boys and as of January 1, 2014 for girls.
- Baseball leagues for boys ages 7 - 15 years
- Softball leagues for girls ages 7 - 16
- Tee ball is available for boys and girls ages 4 and 5 years
- Rookie League is available for boys and girls ages 6 years
- Volunteers serve as coaches
- Pitching leagues begin in May and all other leagues start in June
- Entry Deadline: April 17 except Junior league which is May 6
For more information about this league, contact Jared Rutti, Sports Director at 276-1200.
Youth Baseball / Softball Registration Form