- About Us
On November 29, 1951 the Garden City Recreation Commission was established as a political subdivision of the City of Garden City, Kansas. The Recreation Commission was organized under Kansas Statues 12-1922 – 12-1936 to provide holistic recreation services for the Garden City community.
On January 19, 2021, the Governing Body of the City of Garden City passed ordinance No. 2891– 2021 combining the the recreation system of the Garden City Recreation Commission with the Parks and Recreation Department of the City; providing for the appointment of officers and employees, transfer of property, and the creation of a Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
The mission of the City of Garden City is to effectively, efficiently, and equitably provide services and facilities which meet the public needs of the people of the City, and enhance the quality of life in the community.
Department Mission Statement
Garden City Parks and Recreation is committed to inspiring community enhancement, enrichment, and unity.
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
Refunds for our various programs are subject to specific guidelines tailored to each category.
- Core Memberships: No Refunds
- Personal Training Sessions: No Refunds
- Fitness Classes: Notice must be provided 5 days before the start of class. $3 service charge and charge for supplies already purchased, as applicable.
- Youth Athletics: Notice must be provided before teams have been formed. $5 service charge and
charge for supplies already purchased, as applicable.
- Adult Athletics: Notice must be provided before teams have been placed into leagues. $10
service charge and charge for supplies already purchased, as applicable.
- Tournaments: Notice must be provided 3 days prior to the release of the brackets. $10 service
- Rentals: Refunds will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Refunds that are issued will be provided as account credit only!
If you are in need of any accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at the time of registration.
View the members of the Garden City Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
Keep up with what's happening at Garden City Parks and Recreation!
This link is to the City of Garden City's Employment Page where you will find open positions for the Parks and Recreation Department as well as other City Departments.
Please check this page to learn more about becoming a GCPR Volunteer!
View information for bids and RFPs.
This page allows GCPR Staff to access Recreation information, policies, documents, and forms.
This page allows you to see the projects that the Garden City Parks and Recreation departments is responsible for.